Terms and Conditions and Warranty
1. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
2. DEALER WARANTY CONDITIONS
1.GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
§ 1 Scope of application, customer information
The following General Terms and Conditions (GTC) govern the contractual relationship between Jiffy Steamer Deutschland GmbH and the consumers and entrepreneurs who purchase goods via our shop www.jiffysteamer.de. Opposing or from our trading conditions deviating conditions are not recognized by us. The contract language is German.
§ 2 Conclusion of contract
(1) The offers on the Internet represent a non-binding invitation to you to buy goods.
(2) You can add one or more products to your shopping cart. In the course of the order process you enter your data and wishes regarding payment method, delivery modalities etc.. Only by clicking on the order button do you make a binding offer to conclude a purchase contract. You can also place a binding order by telephone or fax.
(3) With the confirmation of receipt sent immediately by e-mail or fax, the acceptance of your offer is declared at the same time and the purchase contract is concluded. With a telephone order the sales contract comes off if we accept your offer immediately. If the offer is not accepted immediately, then you are no longer bound to it.
§ 3 Customer information: Storage of the contract text
Your order with details of the concluded contract (e.g. type of product, price etc.) will be stored by us. We will send you the GTC, but you can also call up the GTC at any time after conclusion of the contract via our website. As a registered customer you can access your past orders via the customer login area (https://www.jiffysteamer.de/epages/63452188.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63452188&ViewAction=ViewMyAccount).
§ 4 Customer information: Correction note
You can correct your entries at any time with the delete key before submitting the order. We will inform you on the way through the order process about further correction possibilities. You can also end the order process completely at any time by closing the browser window.
§ 5 Reservation of title
The object of purchase remains our property until full payment has been made.
§ 6 Statutory liability for defects and statute of limitations
(1) Rights of liability for defects
Our goods are subject to statutory liability for defects.
(2) Limitation of liability for defects (warranty) vis-à-vis consumers for used goods
There are two deadlines for your warranty claims, both of which run from delivery of the used goods to you.
We shorten the liability period for defects from two years to one year.
However, you can claim defects that occur within this liability period up to the expiry of the statutory limitation period of two years.
Claims for damages, claims due to defects which we have fraudulently concealed and claims arising from a guarantee which we may have assumed for the condition of the item are excluded from the shortening of the liability period. The statutory periods shall apply to these excluded claims. If a guarantee period exists, the longer period shall apply in favour of the policyholder.
(3) Limitation of liability for defects (warranty) vis-à-vis entrepreneurs
Your warranty claims due to defects in the purchased item shall become statute-barred one year after the transfer of risk. Excluded from this regulation are the following claims
- for damages
- for maliciously concealed defects
- from any warranty given
- recourse according to §§ 445a, 478 BGB (German Civil Code)
- due to defects in building materials and components which have been used for a building in accordance with their normal use and which have caused its defectiveness.
The statutory limitation periods shall apply to these excluded claims. In the case of a given warranty period, if any, the longer period shall apply in favour of the purchaser.
§ 7 Limitation of liability
We exclude liability for slightly negligent breaches of duty insofar as these do not relate to essential contractual obligations, damages arising from injury to life, limb or health, guarantees or claims under the Product Liability Act (ProdHaftG). The same applies to breaches of duty by our vicarious agents and our legal representatives. The duties essential to the contract include in particular the duty to hand over the goods to you and to procure ownership of them for you. Furthermore, we shall provide the goods to you free of material defects and defects of title.
§ 8 Commercial place of jurisdiction
The exclusive place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from this contract shall be our place of business if you are a merchant.
§ 9 Consumer information: Non-participation in a dispute settlement procedure
We are neither willing nor obliged to participate in any dispute resolution procedure before a consumer arbitration body.
2. Dealer Warranty Conditons
We grant a dealer warranty for the offered product.
In addition to the statutory rights you are entitled to, we grant you a 3-year warranty on the goods advertised with the warranty promise. The period for the calculation of the warranty period begins with the invoice date. Our guarantee covers the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany. If material or manufacturing defects occur during this period in the goods purchased by you, we will provide you with one of the following services of our choice within the scope of the guarantee:
free repair of the goods or
free exchange of the goods against an equivalent article
In the event of a warranty claim, please contact us as the guarantor:
Jiffy Steamer Germany GmbH
Warranty claims are excluded in case of damage to the goods caused by
- abusive or improper treatment
- Environmental influences (humidity, heat, overvoltage, dust etc.)
- Non-observance of any safety precautions
- Non-compliance with the operating instructions
- Use of force (e.g. blow, impact, fall, break)
- unauthorized repair attempts
- normal use
A precondition for claiming warranty service is that you enable us to examine the warranty case (e.g. by sending in the goods). It must be ensured that damage to the goods in transit is avoided by secure packaging. A copy of the invoice must be enclosed with the application for warranty service so that we can check whether the warranty period has been observed. Without a copy of the invoice, we can refuse the warranty service. In the case of justified warranty claims, you will not incur any shipping costs, i.e. we will reimburse you for any shipping costs incurred in sending the goods to us.
This dealer warranty by us does not limit your legal rights against us from the purchase contract concluded with us. Any existing legal warranty rights against us remain unaffected by this guarantee promise. This dealer warranty does not violate your legal rights, but rather extends your legal position.
If the purchased item is defective, you can in any case contact us within the framework of the statutory warranty, regardless of whether a warranty case exists or the warranty is claimed.
Jiffy Steamer Deutschland GmbH